Parental Alienation: Why Be Aware?
This page was created on Apr 9, 2010 to provide support by offering resources and references in regard to parental alienation. In 2011, the author became aware that many cities around the world had declared themselves parental alienation aware & started a web presence to make Abbotsford City aware. This information is provided with the understanding that the blog is not providing any legal, mental health, or other professional service. The information is not designed to replace the services of a qualified mental health professional, attorney, or expert in parental alienation. The page is maintained by Kevin Pedersen, a homemaker and alienated dad. He may be contacted at, kevinpedersen1(at)hotmail.com. This page does not represent the opinion of any professional organization. Nothing on this site should be construed as offering professional or therapeutic recommendations. This blog does however attempt to dispel the myth that parental alienation is nothing more than junk science or a misused theory. Hopefully, others will review the references and resources. At first the author was just trying to learn anything he could about how to heal parental alienation. Then he noticed blogger, Monika Logan, at ParentalAlienationSupport.com saying most of her articles cite parental alienation experts that have been published in peer-reviewed journals. While responding to local elections and law reforms as they happen, the author does try to provide the sources of any statistics. Parental alienation is emotional abuse. To eradicate this form of abuse requires education, advocacy, awareness, and empirical advancement.
- RT @pinkshirtday: #PinkShirtDay supports @RedCrossBC in their anti-bullying efforts, like #BeyondTheHurt. You can donate today: https://t.c…Make Abbotsford Aware 2 days ago
- RT @JustinTrudeau: Great meeting with Premier @ChristyClarkBC today. We're finding common ground on the issues that matter in BC. https://t…Make Abbotsford Aware 2 days ago
- @Abbynews Wikipedia posts Abbotsford as the 21st largest city in Canada at population 149,855 & Guelph 26th 141,097 twitter.com/ward6mark/stat…Make Abbotsford Aware 1 week ago
- @Caringsociety Children only get one childhood. They can't wait for court reforms or government studies. #BCparents twitter.com/Caringsociety/…Make Abbotsford Aware 1 week ago
- "@RCYBC: Here's a link to the Representative's news release on today's Human Rights Tribunal decision: rcybc.ca/HRT decision"Make Abbotsford Aware 1 week ago
Re-connect With Your Kids
- 6,439 hits
Vancouver Parental Alienation Awareness Day
The Big DayApril 25th, 2016
2 months to go.