Parental Alienation: Why Be Aware?
This page was created on Apr 9, 2010 to provide support by offering resources and references in regard to parental alienation. In 2011, the author became aware that many cities around the world had declared themselves parental alienation aware & started a web presence to make Abbotsford City aware. This information is provided with the understanding that the blog is not providing any legal, mental health, or other professional service. The information is not designed to replace the services of a qualified mental health professional, attorney, or expert in parental alienation. The page is maintained by Kevin Pedersen, a homemaker and alienated dad. He may be contacted at, kevinpedersen1(at)hotmail.com. This page does not represent the opinion of any professional organization. Nothing on this site should be construed as offering professional or therapeutic recommendations. This blog does however attempt to dispel the myth that parental alienation is nothing more than junk science or a misused theory. Hopefully, others will review the references and resources. At first the author was just trying to learn anything he could about how to heal parental alienation. Then he noticed blogger, Monika Logan, at ParentalAlienationSupport.com saying most of her articles cite parental alienation experts that have been published in peer-reviewed journals. While responding to local elections and law reforms as they happen, the author does try to provide the sources of any statistics. Parental alienation is emotional abuse. To eradicate this form of abuse requires education, advocacy, awareness, and empirical advancement.
- RT @JJCroteau: Great initiatives to take control. Unacceptable that so many communities don't have access to clean drinking water in Canada…Make Abbotsford Aware 15 hours ago
- @Cheyom1 @Fraserhealth @TheLancetInfDis reports unrecognized TB in China @CBCNews reports unrecognized TB in Nunavut cbc.ca/1.4036205Make Abbotsford Aware 22 hours ago
- RT @fnha: Tobacco Timeout for the month of February is tomorrow! Have you signed up yet? tobaccotimeout.ca #RespectingTobacco #QuitNo…Make Abbotsford Aware 1 day ago
- @Cheyom1 @equalitycanada @Fraserhealth Did we learn from SARS a renewal of public health, including everyone?… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Make Abbotsford Aware 1 day ago
- @mgeist Toxic phone companies overcharge Canadian kids. Unlock fees to end by Labour Day. michaelgeist.ca/2017/02/why-th… #BCparentsMake Abbotsford Aware 2 weeks ago
Re-connect With Your Kids
- 7,170 hits
Vancouver Parental Alienation Awareness Day
The Big DayApril 25th, 2017
33 days to go.